Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
David Woods

Diabetes Symptoms

David Woods

Hi,

I've tried to do some research and still confused with Diabetes Symptoms. But, is unexplained weight loss and frequent urination are major symptoms of diabetis?

Thanks in advance

Woods

Hammer

Hi David and welcome to the forums!  Yes, weight loss, frequent urination, constant thirst, and feeling tired all of the time are frequent symptoms of type 2 diabetes.  The reason for the frequent urination is that your body can't properly use up the glucose in your bloodstream, so your body tries to flush it out by urinating, and frequent urinating makes you thirsty.  Since glucose is the fuel that your body needs to give you energy, the fact that your body isn't properly utilizing the glucose and you are urinating it out, means that you aren't getting enough fuel to give you energy, so you feel tired all of the time.

Edited by Hammer

Dowling
1 hour ago, David Woods said:

Hi,

I've tried to do some research and still confused with Diabetes Symptoms. But, is unexplained weight loss and frequent urination are major symptoms of diabetis?

Thanks in advance

Woods

Hi If you think you may have diabetes ask your doctor for a glucose tolerant test. There's not much sense worrying about things when you can find out for sure. Diabetes is not a death sentence. We here are proof that it can be managed quite well. If you do find out you have diabetes come back and we'll help you on the road to better health

supermax30

Hii ,

You get most of the initial symptoms when the blood sugar level is higher than normal. There are a lot of symptoms of diabetes which we start seeing a few weeks before just like

• Tremendous hunger
• Increased thirst
• Frequent urination
• Tiredness and weakness
• Blurred vision
• Unintentional weight loss
• Shaking and confusion
• Irritation and mood swings
• Fatigue
• upset stomach and vomiting
• Dry mouth
• Rapid breathing

JANUMET XR

AlexSD44

If you're feeling any of these symptoms please go get tested sooner than later. I waited too long and nearly died. If you or a loved one is having these symptoms don't wait and end up in the hospital for a week like me.