Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Mirsy

Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas

Mirsy

Hi everyone - the package says 1 tortilla has only 3 grams of carbs.  For some reason it raises my husband's blood sugar.  Is there another brand that actually does not raise the blood sugar or are tortillas yet another thing he cant eat?

Dowling

Every diabetic is different. Some people just can't eat any grains or their BG rises. Others can eat small amounts with no problem. I don't eat tortillas so I can't advise you. I guess you'll just have to try others if you can find another low carb one. Test and make up your own mind about whether he can eat any grains.

Maybe he could try a lettuce leaf for a wrap instead of a tortilla

stevenal

How many does he eat? It's easy for manufacturers to drop the numbers by adjusting the serving size. Also check the ingredients. Looks like the second ingredient after water is "modified wheat starch" and the third is whole wheat flour. Sounds carby to me. When I need a wrap, I go with keto wraps, or cauliflower/egg wraps.

ran23

I have some so called low carb wraps in my refrigerator.  19 carbs and 16 fiber.  So big numbers on the package 3 net carbs.  I don't react to net carbs, 19 will hit me.   Nice treat once in a while. 

CommuniqueDiabetes

How about using a leafy veggie? or I have seen others using Keto wrap or keto pita.