Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Rad Warrier

16 years after diabetes diagnosis

Rad Warrier

Looks like fall colors have arrived a little late here in the Pacific Northwest of US. As I look around, it is still not in full swing.

Early this month, we went on a short visit to our son's place in Nova Scotia, Canada (a trip from the Pacific coast to the Atlantic coast). There too, fall seems to have arrived a little late. I have two pictures here. The first one taken 17 years ago in Nova Scotia, Canada. The second one taken just ten days ago, in the same Nova Scotia but in a different place. The first picture is just one year before my diabetes diagnosis. I was then 8 kg (nearly 20 lb) heavier than now:) 

Glad to say that 16 years have passed by since my diabetes diagnosis and I am still OK. I am not taking any diabetes medication now since my doctor discontinued prescribing Metformin a couple of years ago.

Rad_Usha_Halifax_Oct2021.jpg

Rad_Usha_Autumn_2.jpg

adiantum

Rad I always enjoy knowing your doing well. Success stories such as yours  is inspiriational.

I wish I had better news of the fall  foliage , theres a chance that will even become  less vibrant  because of global warming.

This link might be of interest to you.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-10/why-climate-change-is-making-autumn-shorter/100522448