Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Hammer

Anyone have a problem with mice?

Hammer

I just came across this video, and it shows the best mouse trap available.  If you have a problem with mice, this is the mouse trap to get.  Here is the link to the mouse trap itself.  If you leave the bucket empty, the mice don't die.  If you want to kill the mice, just put water in the bucket.

adiantum

Drowning takes ages so that is just being too cruel inflicting terror upon a critter.

Years ago I caught a rat in a rap & submerged the trap & rat in the wheely bin  full of water  & for a fleeting second I saw it swim...I still regret  being so cruel.

Baits are very cruel & also killing the predator like owls.

I think a spring loaded trap is the quickest death.

ran23

You know the basic mouse traps about 5" long?   My Pest Control guy gave me a couple. Bigger, maybe plastic/nylon base with chrome or stainless fittings.   caught about 5 last year. 

adiantum

As I said " drowning takes ages" .

Farmers here are preparing for a second plague after the flood waters recede. 

CSIRO researcher Steve Henry said while floods did set mouse populations back, it did not take long for the pests to recover.

"They're very good swimmers," he said.

"They're incredibly resilient little critters and they can swim out of quite a bit of water and get themselves to safety and then re-establish when the water goes down."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-24/fears-conditions-ripe-for-another-mouse-plague-in-nsw/100644518

TX_Clint

I have a cat with a very low tolerance level for anything smaller than him that moves. No mice here.

Dowling

Years ago my aunt and uncle bought a cottage. It had been unoccupied for 5 years and was overrun with field mice. They called in an exterminator who did capture and release away from the property. Then they set about plugging any hole--small or big in the foundation and walls around the cottage. Every year after that when they closed up the cottage the last thing my uncle did would be to spread moth balls around the inside of the cottage. Mice can't stand the smell of moth balls. In spring they'd sweep up the moth balls and air out the cottage. End of mouse problem. An ounce of precaution is worth a pound of cure

Diana_CT

Spring loaded trap are not humane either, once the trap got a mouse on one of their back legs. It sicken me so much that I threw out all the spring traps.

I used sticky traps but those are gross also.

Let's face it, there is no humane way to kill mice.

So I use a mouse trap that traps them live in the trap and then I put trap in a ziploc bag to suffocate them.