Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mariel's Mom

Animus Pump??????

Mariel's Mom

I am in the process of researching pumps - I'm leaning towards the Animus pump for my 5 year old daughter. Anyone out there with a child using this pump - pros? cons?

Tatermom

We chose the Deltec Cozmo b/c of the information on the trial disk we received. Can't remember exactly what appealed to us, but we like it. Are you researching online or did you get the demo disks from your endo?

Mariel's Mom

I've heard I can't go wrong with any of the top 3. I've read the info packets from all three - watched the CD's - Done reasearch on the web - talked to the sales people - not the Deltec person yet. I like the fact that the animus can deliver smaller increments of insulin. But I know the Deltec is waterproof - I think I just didn't like the shape (do you have to wear it vertical?)- and the literature was so "markety" - seeming to be targeted at teenagers. I did not get a sense of the company from their materials - their seriousness about research - maybe I shouldn't judge everything from their brochures - perhaps I should look at Deltec more closely. I do know 2 other parents have picked the animus (one child is only 2 years old) because of the smaller increments of insulin and the database of 500 foods programmed in, insulin on board feature.....

nantomsuethom

Thomas has used the animas pump for over 2 years now. We have had our share of problems but customer service has been excellent.

The only thing that I would like to see in the animas is the ability to store bgs and carbs that are entered. Supposedly the next one that will be out -1275- will have that ability.

Although animas is waterproof, Thomas disconnects when he showers or swims.

We really didn't look into other pumps when he got his. The area manager actually gave us a pump to borrow, and all the supplies we needed, until we were able to get insurance.

SheriLynn

We just got an Animas pump for Tommy. In all my research the 3 pumps had the same basic features and did the same basic things. The only differences were in the extras, I thought. Good luck!

someone

I have an animas ir 1250 pump, and so far I have liked it. The only thing I don't like is that the insulin carb ratios have set times, wheras with the basal rates, you can have it change the basal whenever you want.

Tatermom

Nice that the Deltec is waterproof, but the meter that attaches to it is NOT! Found this out this weekend when Taylor dropped it into the toilet on accident. :mad: Using the backup meter (Ultrasmart) now, new one on the way.

Tokyo Cate

It is so great that pumps are waterproof now. I used to get so anxious when I went boating (imagining myself falling overboard and having to replace my pump was not a good feeling). Advances are good.

Too bad about the meter, Tatermom. That must have been pretty frustrating. Something to laugh about in a few weeks time, I hope :laugh:.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.