Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Georgia

24 hour heart rhythm monitor

Petruchio

It's a breeze. A few wires taped on and a little box hangs on your belt. Then you go about your normal day.

Georgia

Cool. I must admit though I was hoping I wouldn't be able to do much with it on as I have 2 suitcases of washing to do & I'd casually mentioned to my husband I may not be able to do it!!

Tokyo Cate

I think you can still use the monitoring as a reason to avoid doing the wash, but make sure that you continue to keep your day relatively normal in other ways so that the test results show a good sample.

I had the test last month (24 hour EKG, right?) and it was a breeze. It was about as easy as wearing a pump, though not as cool looking and with a large belt instead of a cute clip.

I did find that my skin reacted badly to the sensors and I had red marks for about a week. I had to work the day of my test and had to wear a button up shirt to hide the sensors.

It was no big deal.

P.S. Good luck with your new insulin. I hope it gives you the control you are looking for.

Penny

I had this years ago. Like the rest said it is no big deal, the biggest problem I had was sleeping, it was strapped to my stomach, and I sleep on my stomach.:D Why do you need the test? Are you having heart problems?

Georgia
I think you can still use the monitoring as a reason to avoid doing the wash, but make sure that you continue to keep your day relatively normal in other ways so that the test results show a good sample.

I had the test last month (24 hour EKG, right?) and it was a breeze. It was about as easy as wearing a pump, though not as cool looking and with a large belt instead of a cute clip.

I did find that my skin reacted badly to the sensors and I had red marks for about a week. I had to work the day of my test and had to wear a button up shirt to hide the sensors.

It was no big deal.

P.S. Good luck with your new insulin. I hope it gives you the control you are looking for.

Oh goodie I could get out oif the washing after all!! Only joking, I will do it (poor me). Thanks :)

Georgia
I had this years ago. Like the rest said it is no big deal, the biggest problem I had was sleeping, it was strapped to my stomach, and I sleep on my stomach.:D Why do you need the test? Are you having heart problems?

Hope I don't have problems sleeping as I'm currently suffering from jet lag & couldn't sleep for hours last night as it is!

I'm having the test done as since I started on my hyperthyroid meds I sometimes feel as though I can't catch my breath - as if my lungs aren't opening properly. Thanks for replying :)

Georgia

I have it fitted now & I'm surprised at the size of the monitor - it's not like the new discreet ones...no, I get the big bulky one that can't be hidden :(

I have to write down the time of everything I do (even when I go to the loo!) & what I eat & drink & what meds I take. It will be a long list!!!!!

Tokyo Cate

Yeah. My record keeping was slightly less detailed than my diabetes record keeping (not so good), but the test produced good results regardless.

This may not be the place to post it, but how was your trip (NZ, right?)?

Georgia
Yeah. My record keeping was slightly less detailed than my diabetes record keeping (not so good), but the test produced good results regardless.

This may not be the place to post it, but how was your trip (NZ, right?)?

The monitor is bugging me it is so big & bulky, grrrr! Glad to hear your test produced good results :)

Yes that's right, our trip was to NZ & I am sad the 5 weeks are over. But we had a great time seeing my sister, her hubby & my 1.5 year old niece - I am missing them terribly already. I also have a friend who moved there a few years ago & it was nice to catch up with her. We did so much whilst we were there & the weather was great. they are visiting us in September so I am now looking forward to that. Thanks for asking.

Martha

I had the test done several times but mines was for 72 hour. i just had it done a month ago. Mines was a small one the only problem that i had was that since I had to be on it for 72 houes i had to go in after 24 hours to get the tape recorder changed since the tape only last for 24 hours. for for 3 days i had to keep going in to get a new tape to record my monitoring.

Tokyo Cate

Mine wasn't very large. I felt like it was about 50% larger than my old pump, but I really didn't like wearing it with a tacky belt--I would have much preferred a clip.

Your test must be nearly over now, though, Georgia. I hope the results are good.

Georgia

I'm freeeeee!! I got the monitor removed this morning & I am so pleased it's gone as it was such a bulky machine & I hated wearing it. Don't think I could have handled 72 hours!! The results will now be analysed & if I need to see the consultant I'll be informed within 3 weeks. If all is fine they will write to my GP.

Glad to hear your results were good :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.