Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyborg

Symlin

jeggeman31
No funky taste for me. Many injections sting, but the Symlin doesn't sting me any more than insulin...

Thanks I get this strange taste just after injection. Symlin stings like a u know what, but I have never had that with insulin.

koblenz
Thanks I get this strange taste just after injection. Symlin stings like a u know what, but I have never had that with insulin.

No funny taste for me and no stinging. It does sting if I don't let it "warm up" to room temp. If it's room temp, all is well.

Interesting.

curiousinIN

Hi all.:itsme:

Newbie here, both to the site AND to Symilin. I'm on 2.5 units and it makes me VERY nausous. I can really see the difference in my post meal sugars, but the nausea is pretty bad. The other day I didn't even feel a low of 30 because I was so nausous from the Symilin. AND my nausea lasts all 3 hours. :puke: So just about the time I start to feel better, it's time for some more....

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Cyborg

Give it some time, maybe your body will get more used to it... For me, the nausea almost always goes away after I start eating.

jeggeman31
. I'm on 2.5 units and it makes me VERY nausous.

Sorry to hear that, maybe after time it will become better.

I am up to 20 units x3 a day and love the stuff. My after meal BS run in the 90 to 100 range and my A.M. fasting is never over 100. I have dropped 5 pounds and no longer drink pop. One thing it does is make me want to crave and drink water. I am drinking about 160 oz a day of water, before I never drank the stuff.

Belinda

I have been on 20 Units for some time now. I really like the stuff but had to work my way up to the max...sometimes I get nauseated and sometimes not. It usually goes away one I eat BUT the first few days were heck

NoelD

Nausea is almost gone now. No where near as bad as when I first started it a few weeks ago. Up to 15 units now, working my way up to 20. Seems to work better and better the longer I take it.

It Ain't Over

Saw the endo this week and he told me to start moving the Symlin doses up to the 20 range. I have been taking Symlin for over a year now and it did help to get the AiC's down to 6.8 but have not improved since. When the stuff first came out they limited use to 10 units/ dose. Now finding better results with 15-20.

So not being used to the higher doses I took 20 units yesterday after testing at 148. Then dinner gets delayed and I did not think to find something.

Next I know I am wandering around dazed and confused. Tested at 32. Ouch.

Lesson learned do not count on a big family dinner to be served when you are told it will be served, and as noted here, Symlin will take the bg's down fast at times.

By the way, have lost 20 lbs since started Symlin. Weighed in at 178 this week.

pumpy5

Hey everyone....i'm new to this site....just started using symlin agian....any suggestions to prevent high blood sugars 3-4 hours after a meal....i was using the dual wave function on the pump but that didn't work....now i am giving some insulin at the mea and then the rest 1 hour later.

K

valc3

Is anyone on MDI and Symlin? If so, what kind of results are you getting? New Endo started me on Symlin 112006. I'm up to 7.5 units. The spikes are worse now than before. Not hungry ever, nausea is bearable. I'm getting very discouraged.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.